Purchased or rented items may be returned for a refund within 30 days (30 days from ship date or the start date of classes, whichever gives you more time). Items must be in the exact condition they were in when received.
- Shrink-wrapped items cannot be returned if the wrapping is broken unless the items are defective.
- We cannot accept items for return if access codes/cards have been opened/scratched off or the pull tab torn or if CD-ROM or software package seals are broken.
Follow these steps to return an item for a refund.
- Sign in to your My Account at the Online Bookstore
- Click on My Orders and select the appropriate order.
- Click on the Return Items button to see a full list of all items that are eligible for return.
- Select Print Label & Complete Return to submit your information.
- Print out your label (if you choose the pre-paid UPS shipping label) and packing slip to include with your return shipment.
- The cost of the Prepaid UPS label will be deducted from your refund.
- If you use a different method, please obtain tracking information as we cannot be responsible if the package is lost or damaged when shipped via another carrier.
- If the return period has passed, the books will not show as eligible for return/refund. You may contact Customer Service for more information.
- NOTE: We cannot process exchanges – if your needs change, the original item(s) may be returned under the refund policy detailed above and a new order placed.
Refunds are made to the original form of payment.
- Credit and debit card refunds usually post to your card 3 - 7 business days after the return has been checked-in by our warehouse. This is the timeframe for PayPal as well.
- Financial Aid/Book Voucher refunds are usually added back to your account within 24 - 48 hours of check-in (whether they show as available is based on the original expiration date for those funds).
- Cannot be returned to our Distribution Center for processing/refunds.
- You must contact the seller for return arrangements.
- Permission to return is solely at the discretion of the seller.
- If the request to return is due to an error on the seller’s part, they are responsible for resolving the matter.
- If the seller fulfilled the order correctly, it is their choice to accept the return or not.
- You may contact the seller for instructions by logging in to the My Account section of our website. The seller contact link is displayed on your order below the item title when you select the order in My Orders.
- eBook purchases may be considered for a refund only when the purchase has been made within the previous 10 days and less than 20% of the content has been viewed or printed.
- eBook information with a redemption code or log-in information to a publisher website may be eligible for a refund only if we can verify the product has not been used and/or the publisher allows access to be removed or disabled. Contact our Customer Service department for refund eligibility.
- iBooks are not returnable/refundable.
- A refund is not permitted If accessing an eBook using a code provided on a printed access card and the code has been exposed or scratched off.
- The card must be in the same New condition it was in when shipped and is subject to the same 30 day return period that applies to books.